Saturday, July 3, 2010

You have my attention

Well... life in Louisville. And what a life it is.
I haven't blogged in a while because I haven't felt that my thoughts would be much better to read than anything else that's out there. But I have missed it. I just kinda wanted to break my silence from blogging tonight. you know, to remind you that I'm still out here.

This 4th of July weekend my family is up to celebrate. I can't help but to think back to the Philippines and where I was 365 days ago. I think it would be safe to say that I have thought about that place all 365 days. What a blessing it is to be with my family when last year it was such a big deal to be on the phone with them. I think about all the people I know that are all around the world this summer sharing the glorious hope of salvation! What an experience.

A verse that has been on my mind today is Luke 12:48 " To the one who has been given much, much will be demanded; and to who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." I remember as a kid my dad would start off by saying 'to whom much has been given...' and leave the rest for me to fill in. For some reason I never could get it right- among my wrong answers I remember sometimes saying 'much will be received' (ha I really hope I knew that was wrong... how true that is though that sometimes we receive blessings and hang on to them with closed hands). Yet as a country have we not been entrusted with much? And will much not be demanded? My heart is being pulled to the Philippines, it's so hard for me to genuinely be okay with being in America. Who knows what that will mean for my life, I just can't get over Luke 12:48. For some people Matthew 28:19-20 is the verse that calls them to a life of missions but for me I think that it is Luke 12:48.
What an incredible God and what incredible & immeasurable blessings!
How has God gotten your attention lately?

and if you haven't listened to 'you have my attention' by copeland recently- please do so now.

No comments:

Post a Comment