Wednesday, June 16, 2010

'and so we will be with the Lord forever'

These words from 1 Thessalonians 4 have been resonating in my mind this afternoon.
Today was a wonderful day- all around just great. Sitting outside after dinner I had one of those times that make you wonder why the moment couldn't last for a while. I remember my dad saying one time that he always wished that life wouldn't change, that it would slow down long enough to be appreciated the way it is. Today was one of those days.

These words are what we are all craving for. To dwell, to be with the Lord, forever. To not have to depart from that moment and not have to attempt to hang on to that moment as if it were fleeting.
That time of being with our Lord will never end!
It has been such a fantastic day, but I can trust that even if tomorrow doesn't bring me the same results - one day I will enjoy the best moment; and it won't be fleeting.
'Therefore encourage each other with these words.'

1 Thessalonians 4:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment