Friday, June 11, 2010

you have everything you need

As assured, or perhaps I should say familiar, as I am with this promise of God, I find myself battling it's truth daily. I don't believe that being where I am 'supposed to be' could be at a place where I am not happy, to put it bluntly. Keep in mind, it's not so much the physical location that I am referring to but more the state of life.

Here's a brief summary of what life has been like this past week:

My GPS has been a constant companion- I really would be lost with out it, sometimes I'm even lost with it.
My run in with poison ivy has not been pleasant. I'm not sure how I would classify it (mild, bad, or horrible) because I've never been around someone that has it but I'm pretty sure that when it spreads over your entire body it isn't a good thing.

side note:
I can't imagine what it have must been like to be a leper. Disregard becoming an outcast of the society (not even being able to go sit in Barnes and Noble or get a coffee from Starbucks) but what about having a disease take over your body and you have no control over it. The fact that Jesus touched these people still gets me - but even in my case of poison ivy I am keenly aware that Jesus took control over their bodies, and their lives, by stopping the spread and healing the scars of their disease.

Today I drove to several golf courses hoping to find a job that would give me something to do during the days. That was an experience in itself. I had been wanting to go to Barnes and Noble to read/blog because being alone isn't as bad in the presence of other people and I wanted time to think without going crazy in the house.
Everything I have mentioned and everything I am going through in life right now has somehow pointed me back to deciding for myself the faith that I have in the title statement.

A small blessing for today, or for this morning really: On my way to B&N I was lost,nothing new, so driving down the interstate realizing I should have taken the exit before I was looking for the next place to pull off to turn around. Well when I eventually got off the exit - there was a big building that said 'Barnes and Noble' on the top! I couldn't believe it - there in the middle of my 'lostness' I was right where I wanted to end up. It's incredible the parallels I can draw from this to my relationship with God. Even though I may not believe it and doubt what it looks like in my everyday life there is no denying that God is holding everything together.

* I saved this post as a draft a few days ago. Since then I received a shot for my poison ivy and it helped tremendously!! And the first events this weekend went very well = )

No comments:

Post a Comment