Friday, July 9, 2010

true that

although the will of God may not be directly linked with happiness/ easiness, it is most assuredly marked by His presence and that is more reassuring/ comforting than things going according to plan

Habakkuk is an incredible encouragement- makes me wonder what other books I have looked over because they're unfamiliar

I spent over 6 hours at Starbucks today... not sure how I feel about that

sometimes doing redneck things can be fun- like laying out in the driveway with a kiddy pool... even when the sun isn't shining; calling someone on speaker phone while skyping to make up for the fact that the sound isn't working; getting out the extension cord to charge your phone while laying out so that you can listen to pandora (in the driveway, with the kiddy pool); even listening to the tv in your room like it's a radio because you (I) can't figure out how to turn the picture on...

God knows what will get my attention: be it arriving at SH from the Lou at the exact time my friend does (when I was so concerned about being late), or meeting my sister on the interstate the first day I got to Louisville (when I was worried about getting lost on my way to her house), or by waking up one minute before my alarm is set so that I don't have to hear it go off (I don't like waking up to an alarm-at all), or randomly running into my cousin twice in one week at various locations in Louisville (that doesn't just happen)

my grandparents have been married for 61 years today, it's strange to think of my friends that are getting married now and ff that 60 years...crazy!!


I think I have so much power because of the things that I am able to accomplish because of my sight. Yet, would I be 'unproductive' if I couldn't see, if I stopped using my hands, if I was unable to move? All these 'external abilities' what do they add up to? Am I defined/ accomplished by what my eyes see, what my hands do, or where my feet move? If productivity isn't a check list than what is it? Prayer can be done with my eyes closed, hands tied, and feet still. Prayer works, prayer moves, and prayer results in action. Prayer is moving when I am not. Prayer is from me, initiated by God, and yet beyond me. Prayer is working when and where I am not. Colossians 4:2

God has a way of making His thoughts seem like my thoughts to me-then He divinely touches that moment and I realize that He intervened at the beginning and initiated that work before it was even a thought to me


No comments:

Post a Comment