Monday, July 5, 2010

in His hands

I catch myself trying to hold onto things. Wanting moments to last and fearful of undesired change.
What I forget is that my life is held in more powerful Hands than mine. He knows what is best- in every season and what He hold does not accidentally 'fall out'. What He holds is protected and watched over. He holds what is needed -for as long as it is needed. He does not 'phase out' blessings simply because there is not enough room for them all- His hands have more than I could hold on my own (Malachi 3:10).
I don't have to worry in not knowing. (His faithfulness in reminding me of this is astounding.) Perhaps that is vulnerability, sharing my most desired plans, and trusting that if it is needed, truly, it will be.
I am not the one that gives the okay. Our Father doesn't check with me to make sure that I am emotionally alright with it first. He already knows, He has a way designed already for me to grow from whatever is about to come next.
So many times I am scared of the next event in my life. Even the bad ones God has brought about for good. I have NO reason not to trust Him to care for me.
My life, my hopes, my fears, my family, my career.... ALL in His hands.
That will be enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment