Thursday, March 11, 2010

Eeeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe

Ever had a tough decision to make?

And just to clarify, when I say tough I don't mean like some of the terrible, life-changing ultimatums that too many people struggle with are faced with all the time. My life has been mercifully void of anything so difficult- which makes complaining simply ungrateful and selfish.

Sometimes I wonder if it's pride that makes choosing between one option for it's counterpart so unattractive. Is it all about me wanting to be the best person at the end of the day? The one who can carefully maneuver through the 'balancing act' that we've made life out to be, avoiding at all costs anything that would really tip the scales. Isn't that an admirable trait?

And while these decisions probably won't alter our lives past the next month, there's a fear that somehow, this is what the enemy has been waiting for- us exposed, and clueless.

I listened to a sermon this morning from Southern entitled 'The Dangers of Becoming a Professional Sermon Listener' . It was a wonderful sermon all together but there was one phrase that Dan Dumas said that has been on repeat in my mind all day- he said that we're 'always looking for the most pointed message to blog about' and continued to say that the ignorant are all too quick to open their mouths while the wise keep there mouths shut'.
So with that sermon, beckoning for change, I don't want to try to preach a sermon with my blog- like my friend Adam says 'Blogging is just a journal that everyone can see'. So here's my 'journal entry' the night (2 am that is- because for some reason I fell asleep at 8 and am now wide awake...thank you blogging for giving me something to do).
I'm not sure what decision I've made and I'm kinda wishing that I could take the 'eeny, meeny, miny, moe' approach to my life. Thing is though is that feelings get in the way, and emotional and aspirational ties make stepping out to get a clear perspective difficult.
My assurance comes from God though, because I'm pretty sure that Him allowing me to make one decision doesn't change the fact that 'He determines my steps' (Proverbs 16:9) and that's more assurance than I could ever need!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your Blogs. So proud of who you are. I have a lot to learn from you, thanks for your example.

    ReplyDelete