Saturday, March 20, 2010

but I neeeed it

2 Peter 1:3 Affirms to us that God has given us everything for life. I thought about this post as I was driving in my car listening to Lady Antebellum's song 'Need you now'.... It's with these thoughts in my mind that I started to consider my present circumstances and the things that I would consider 'needs'.
I'm amazed at how sometimes I feel like there are things missing in my life that could make me happy. I question that perhaps God has neglected to bring about what I would consider my essentials to be at this moment in my life.

The Walk Wednesday addressed the issue of our doubts. We were encouraged to admit doubts that we had with God. And I think that most of my doubts are based on the core fear that at this point in my life I'm waiting. That I'm not yet fully equipped for what I will need for this life.

It was so freeing to realize that at this current point in my life my heavenly Father has fully equipped me with everything I need for life. Life, the way that I am living now- and not life alone but godliness, to live the life that He wants me to live to please Him. Praise God that He knows my needs better than I do! I can stop waiting until I obtain my degree or even to obtain my life partner because it's not needed for me right now. Praise God for this!
Rejoice in that fact that no matter how inadequate you feel God is ready to fill what you think is lacking with His power! He truly has given us everything we need for life!

I would like to dedicate this post to Lady Antebellum's song 'Need you now' ...you should go listen to it!! (and be thankful that your life is a Christian is more fulfilling than that)

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the "Little Psalty" song--because I neeed it . . . . Thankful God is in control of all things pertaining to life and godliness.

    ReplyDelete