Friday, April 23, 2010

sonic happy hour mentality

If I'm out anytime during 2-4 chances are I will be stopping by a Sonic. There's something about 50% off that makes the extra distance worth it.

Well enough about Sonic addiction, despite the title this post really doesn't have much to do with happy hour. It is my inspiration for this post though..

The sweet girl that brought me my sweet tea (it was intentional) skated out to my car- I really feel bad for them because of that - I always try to park close to the door to minimize their skate time (kind, I know). In our brief exchange- I give her the cash and she gives me my RT 44- she made a simple, but noticeable comment, 'I like your earrings'. Thats it- then she left. Nothing big, just a short comment during our quick encounter. There was nothing special about my earrings, same (fake) pearls that I wear almost daily. I started thinking, what if this Sonic skater made it a point to compliment something about each person she served that day. Who cares if she used that same line all day- it was new to me.

So the mentality- look for ways, or a way, to compliment the people you meet. Make it a goal- evidently it makes an impact- I mean I blogged about it = )

No comments:

Post a Comment