Tuesday, April 20, 2010

blog-able moments

Being the lover of blogging that I am I constantly think of what my next post should be about.... so that's slightly dramatic-but let's just go with it.

When your mom, dad, sister, significant other calls you at the end of the day what do you tell them? what makes the highlight reel? what's the cliff-notes version of your day?

I've realized that it's the 'little' moments that are the most encouraging to me, and often the ones that are left of the 'cutting room floor'. And it's not just that I fail to mention them during my end-of-the-day phone calls it's that I often don't thank God for them as I should. Maybe not even that, maybe it's that I simply don't let myself fully appreciate them.

For instance: Today my professor let us out of class early (which is beautiful by itself) but leaving at a different time I 'happened' to cross paths with a fellow Nehemiah Team member from this past summer. Our brief run in turned out to be a 15 min conversation about what we were both going through- just overall encouraging, and not only that but a great reminder about the Philippines.

There's also been a verse, 1 Peter 5:3, that I've been studying recently. Today that verse was on top on the pile of index card verses that I keep on my nightstand.

There could definitely be a lot more to this list if I sit here and think long enough. I guess I'm just wanting to have more of an 'attitude of gratitude' - to learn to genuinely appreciate the little things.

I'm realizing that my life doesn't happen in the moments that are blog-able but maybe more in the ones that I don't consider worthy of mentioning again. I praise God that He cares enough for me to provide huge blessing in little things.


As a side note... movies that I want to see: the back-up plan. the last song. date night. I'm pretty behind- a weekend to catch up on movies would be good = )

No comments:

Post a Comment