Thursday, February 10, 2011

something I can never get away from

whew what a week.
repetition repetition repetition.
reoccurring themes.

It's funny to me how God works.
Have you ever noticed yourself really struggling with something only to encounter that topic multiple times throughout that season through typically the most unexpected avenues?

"The Word (breath of God) is living and active."
Hebrews 4:12 (2 Timothy 3:16)

Confession is good. Being real with yourself, even in the presence of others, is a good thing.
And as much as I have been focused on myself, and my sin this week, I can't get away from the word of God.

It always finds me.
Early in the morning, in a song, through a friend, in a thought, hidden in a picture, a sunrise... it always finds me. He always finds me.

And that's just it. It is proof that like in Matthew 9:12&13 the Doctor has come for the sick. "The Son of Man- to seek and save that which was lost." Luke 19:10

He is with me "to rescue and to save" me. Jeremiah 15:20

I can't get away from it. "From the depths of the earth You will again bring me up." Psalm 71:20

It's not about me.
"Prone to wonder Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart O take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above."

I'm never not findable.

The breath of God still blows on me. It is always on point. It's always relatable. It is always inspiring.
The best news of all: I'm not left to myself to work this out!!

Truly Your word O Lord is something I can never get away from!

Let Thy grace Lord like a fetter (shackle) bind my wandering heart to Thee!



No comments:

Post a Comment