Wednesday, February 16, 2011

a big big house

One day all the believers will be together. From across the world, across the ages, and across the aisle in church.... a lot of people!
Yet not just 'people' -our brothers and sisters.

At the moment, we are in a temporary home with brothers and sisters that we will soon be with for an eternity, and the eternal soul is veiled with temporary flesh. (Opening up new meaning to 2 Corinthians 4:18 "For what is seen is temporary, what is unseen is eternal".)

Make this applicable to yourself and ask:
Have I been neglecting kindness to brothers and sisters that are nameless to me simply because I do not encounter them in my normal routine?
Do I react to my sister in the Lord out of frustration over a temporary mater, not taking into mind our eternal residence?
When I speak, to I place emphasis on this life or am I encouraging others (Hebrews 10:24) with the hope of heaven?

We must make ourselves aware that every day we see the face of people whom we will one day share residence with in the "big big house" that is our Father's mansion.

And with that, we ought to do more for those siblings that we might never see. Isaiah 1:17 says to "seek justice". The needs of others won't always be presented before us- sometimes you will have to seek it out. And for the sake of Family unity - the blessed Family of God- may we be seekers of the unseen!

No comments:

Post a Comment