Thursday, January 20, 2011

God's Rolodex

Until yesterday at 5 pm in my marketing class I had not idea that 'the thing working people keep on their desk for all their contacts' actually had a name. So if you had to google 'rolodex' don't feel bad; and if you didn't- please don't judge me.

It was yesterday in my Marketing class, yes at 5pm, that our instructor used the term 'God's rolodex' to compare, in size, a colleague's extensive amount of connections- which, if it's close enough to be compared to God's then he must be pretty 'up there' if you will... I'm sure there must have been some slight exaggeration in this comparison but regardless, I think I'll be going to this man if I ever need a job! Continuing on....

I've always liked reminding myself that I know a God with unlimited connections! Sometimes He reminds me of that by setting up divine appointments, and if I start to think about it for a while, I begin to picture a very intricate, yet orderly, web of relationships that God sees from His side of eternity.

Now for a moment of honesty: Yesterday I caught myself thinking (scheming might be more appropriate) about a potential boyfriend, not one in particular, but more or less considering my options... I'm quite confident in the fact that I'm not the only one who does this.
Thinking about this, with the phrase 'God's rolodex' in mind - I began to wonder what God's rolodex for my dating life consisted of. I thought about the prospects that I knew of and reasoned that surely, with His unlimited connections, God had some good one's up there.

God didn't let me get too far with that thought before He interjected one of His own: "I only have one."
One.
For a God with unlimited connections there is only one person that He has picked out for that role.
I am absolutely in love with that thought today! If nothing else it, was another needed reminder that I can stop looking. My husband will be revealed to me, and I to him, because it is the one God has chosen. No more scheming, and no more having to 'consider my options' God's got this one. And along with everything else, He just asks me to focus on Him!

Beautiful, isn't it

No comments:

Post a Comment