Friday, October 15, 2010

"it just doesn't get much better than this"

Somedays I get into bed and find myself thinking "I hope tomorrow is as good as this day has been".

Other nights I'll crawl into bed, close my eyes, just eager to move on to the next 24 hours.

God never promises 'better' days.
He promises new ones.

Today was one of those "I hope tomorrow has some good stuff in store because it's going to be pretty tough to top what just happened" kind of days. With a best friend's wedding, on a perfect fall day in the hometown, I am confident that you would find yourself thinking the same thing.

So when I found myself hashing out tomorrow's agenda, I had to think back to some familiar passages.
Lamentations 3:22 & 23 "For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is His faithfulness"

And it's the fact that tomorrow is new that I am excited to close my eyes. Not because the day was bad, and not because I'm ready to get through a long week. But because my Creator God, is creating tomorrow new for me!
I heard once that essentially God could have everything calculated out, and running on a set pattern. Yet instead, He says to the sun every morning 'do it again' - He creates the sunrise each day.
I love newness. New isn't based on the past, it is independent. I love that yes, somedays it seems that it can't get better - but too, that there are days where 'the shadow proves the sunshine'.
So tomorrow will be new and with that I'll call it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment