Wednesday, December 1, 2010

such a strange way

"Why me, I’m just a simple man of trade
Why Him with all the rulers in the world
Why here inside this stable filled with hay
Why her, she’s just an ordinary girl
Now I’m not one to second guess
What angels have to say
But this is such a strange way to save the World"

I'm amazed at how God uses me. The words to this song seem so perfect with my thoughts today.
This morning I officially completed an internship in a position where I was able to serve high school students at my local church. The past year would best be summed up by saying that God graciously kept me out of the way. Words cannot describe my love and appreciation for what I experienced and was able to do.
This afternoon I received an offer to work in Louisville this summer after graduation. The job? Event planning =)

Why me?
God has caused His face to shine upon me. Never in a million years would I have thought myself to be worthy of such tasks or of such a calling.
I know that life isn't always easy. Today God has proven faithful in opening my eyes to His timing and providence, among other things.

It's funny that I never want to wait and that I tend to worry about my future, and yet God is always patient and always confident in His ways. His plan is so strange to me.

I'm off to a birthday dinner for a friend that I have now known for over half of my life. Today, I found a picture of us from high school. It was taken 6 years ago when we were on a church trip to Knoxville, now we are here together in college- incredible!

I am thankful for, and humbled by, days when God presents His plans before me in ways that I can't ignore; opening my eyes and taking back the layers on my calloused heart.

Oh, for a thousand tongues to sing my Great Redeemer's praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment